Discover the Classic American Art of Scrimshaw.
In this second edition of Scrimshaw: A Complete Illustrated Manual, professional
scrimshander Steve Paszkiewicz and veteran writer/carver Roger Schroeder provide
the tips and updated techniques needed to successfully create your own authentic
Scrimshaw art with tools and supplies from your local art supply store.
Everything you need to know is inside:
- A ready-to-use Scrimshaw pattern of a classic sailing vessel
- Selecting and finding tools
- Step-by-step instructions and process photos on how to prepare the medium,
transfer a pattern, and engrave the design.
- Resources for modern ivory substitutes
- A gallery of 50 masterful examples of antique and contemporary scrimshaw